Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6

Thursday, June 16, 2011

"Happy Day"

  I just returned home from Kids camp with Will and Annagrace along with 20 other kids and a couple other adults.  We had an AWESOME time in Jesus.  It was so great seeing over 270 children coming together in worship.  God really shined down on us at camp.  This was a challenging week for me, I've NEVER left my children for longer than 2 nights.  I left Nathan for 3 nights!!!  It was tough for me, but well worth the sacrifice for Will and Annagrace and the other children with me!  Nathan was well taken care of by Maw Maw and Daddy!  (I think Daddy had a harder time with us being gone than Nathan did.) Mark is usually the one gone, not me!  It was all good though.
After returning home from camp yesterday, I was a bit tired and really wanted a nap.  I decided I'd just rest in the den on the couch.  I could have gone to my bed, but I really just wanted to be in room with Mark.  I just wanted to be in his presence.  I know that may not make sense to some of you, but I had been away from him since Sunday morning and just wanted to be near him.  It made me think of my relationship with Jesus.  How often have a "took a vacation" and not really talked or been in His presence.  Wow... I know He longs for us to want to be in His presence.  Just like I was wanting to just be in the same room with Mark,  God wants us to "be in the room with Him, in His presence".  So many times I've allowed things, people, situations, etc... to really get me caught up, and really not spend time with God.   My prayer today is that I not allow anything or anyone to take me away from really seeking the presence of God!!! 
I decided to label this blog "Happy Day",  because this has become one of my 2 year olds favorite quotes lately. Yes, after returning home from the camp trip it was a happy day for me! Now, how can I not have a happy day after hearing his sweet voice?

I haven't blogged in a while and was reminded today of that by a friend..... so this one's for you Teresa!!  :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Annette! God ALWAYS speaks through you!! I always enjoy reading about life in the Andrews Family! I love how God uses the everyday stories in your life to share more about Him! Thanks for being a willing vessel for God! Love Ya Girl! :)
    Oh, I especially love the Nathan stories, so I don't feel so alone in the adventures of a 2 year old ~ hahaha!

    ReplyDelete