Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A sticky situation...

I had a wonderful Valentine's Day with my family.  We started our morning out with homemade pancakes and bacon!  Yummy..... a family favorite around my house.  After finishing breakfast, we clear the table, all except two items.  We began our school day as normal.   Annagrace is in the den, working on her Math.  Will is in his room beginning his Math.  Nathan is busy sitting on the floor playing with his blocks.  Will has a question about his Math and comes to the den for help.  I help him, and he goes back to his room.  Nathan follows Will out of the room.  I thought Nathan went with Will to his room.  Will likes to take Nathan to his room and play with him from time to time.  After a minute or so I hear a clanking sound.... What was that?  Oh No!  Nathan is NOT in the room with Will.  Yep, you guessed it.... he's standing in a chair at the table. Remember I said we left two items on the table?  Syrup and a glass of tea!!   Well, we have syrup ALL over the table, Nathan has taken the syrup and poured it all over the table and taken both hands and smeared it round and round!  Not only has he smeared the syrup all over the table, but he has dripped it in and out of the glass of tea!  Yes, I'd say I had a sticky situation.  I immediately call for help!  Annagrace begins the bath water, and Will holds Nathan still while I start the clean up process!!  We have syrup dripping from the table and chair, not to mention all the syrup Nathan has all over his face, where he's tried to eat it!!  I didn't get upset or angry, I just called for back up.  I really wanted to get a picture, but things where just to messy to stop and get the picture.  Well we managed to get the kitchen and Nathan all cleaned up!  We then enjoyed the rest of our day!  I don't think we had any more events to tell of!!
As I was telling this story to a friend today, I thought about myself.  How many times have I gotten myself into a sticky situation?   Many times, just like with the syrup, it looks so good, and tastes absolutely divine!  Only to find out what a mess I've made.  You know just making decisions quick and in a hurry, not really thinking about the outcome.  I'm sure as Nathan pulled up his chair all he could think about was how much fun it would be to smear that syrup around and watch it drip from the bottle, and the taste yummy!  I think back on some decisions I've made, they seemed to great, and oh how wonderful it would be, only in the end to find I'd really put myself in a sticky situation.  I prayed today and asked God to help me not to get into any sticky situations, to help me see what a mess I'd be making.  Help me to see the entire process through, not just the what seems to be so good right now! 

1 comment:

  1. Love it!!! Sweet Nathan!!! And, you're so right about how we get ourselves into "sticky situations" without thinking things through first! Thanks for the reminder!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete