Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

To Maw Maw's House we go!

As today is Wednesday, the one day of the week that I actually leave my house to work.  I work the other days at home between chores and homeschooling.  Which usually happens early in the morning before my little darlings crawl out of the bed, or late at night while they are sleeping or playing with daddy.  Anyway, my WONDERFUL, AWESOME, AMAZING, GREAT..( I can't put it in words) Mama, she keeps them every Wednesday and homeschools them for me!  The kids LOVE going to Maw Maw's house.  My mom lives out in the country, so as soon as they get their school work for the day done, they are outside!  Will is always tinkering with Popa, right now they are still working on their treehouse/clubhouse.  Will was excited, they got the floor in today!  Annagrace likes to help Maw Maw cook, she loves making biscuits, her favorite is eating the raw biscuit dough!  Lol!  Nathan just lights up when he knows he is getting to visit with Maw Maw!  I am very blessed to have such a wonderful and willing Mother to help us out!  We have decided to let the kids spend the night at Maw Maw's house on Tuesday's.  Not every Tuesday, but maybe once or twice a month.  It gives Mark and I some quite alone time, we actually get to have a conversation without interruption! As I have said before, Will would move in with my Mom if we'd let him.  Annagrace on the other hand, she LOVES Maw Maw, but needless to say, she doesn't LOVE being away from home!  She does not like to be away from me overnight at all!  She just prefers being at home in her own bed.  So we've had to deal with the issue of her staying overnight at Maw Maw's house, not very pleasant at all.  She gets VERY upset.  Last night as she pulled out of the driveway with my Mom, crying her little eyes out, I looked at Mark and said this is like work! 
As I was thinking about all this today, it made me think about how God must feel about me.  I mean just think, Annagrace does not want to be away from me.  She wants to be with me all the time.  Just imagine if we as Christians had that kind of feelings about God.  You know, wanting so much time with God, and not wanting anything else?  If I had that kind of passion about God, man....  What a challenge.  Not wanting anything or anyone, even if it is "Grandma" and it's really GREAT, but the greatness of God is sooooo much better than anything else.  Just like with Annagrace, my Mom, becomes her substitute for me, to help her feel better and safe and secure.  What am I allowing in my life to take that place, am I allowing something or someone else take that place that God should have in my life?  My prayer, Father help me not to put anyone or anything in YOUR place, help me to really want and desire to be with You!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment